Morning Sun Books - North America's #1 Publisher of All-Color Railroad Books
Morning Sun Books specializes in vintage railroad photography, expertly restored and reproduced on high gloss coated paper in large formats, complemented by historic memorabilia from the featured road. Morning Sun Books is the only publisher offering true coast-to-coast, border-to-border coverage of America’s glory years of railroading: the late steam and early diesel period, as well as rolling stock.
Morning Sun Books always publishes on time.
Robert J. Yanosey founded Morning Sun Books in 1986 after a 15-year railroading career as an Erie-Lackawanna towerman, Penn Central trainmaster, and Conrail regional official.
In late 1978, he accepted the position of Chief, Bureau of Rail Operations for NJDOT, a position that morphed into Director of Rail Transportation for NJ Transit in 1980. Sensing the railroading he enjoyed was becoming a thing of the past, Bob left and created Morning Sun Books as a new career and means to work with and preserve the railroading he loved. For his first effort, he chose a subject most fans veered away from, but one with which he was quite familiar: the Penn Central.
Penn Central Power, a visual history of an American railroad tragedy, was a success and paved the way for many more railroad books covering the United States.
After more than 30 years and hundreds upon hundreds of titles later, Morning Sun Books generates 30-36 Hardcover books annually, as well as two new exciting lines of Softcover books and eBooks.
Mailing Address for Orders
- Morning Sun Books c/o W&C, 1200 County Road #523, Flemington, NJ 08822
Phone / Fax
- To order by phone, please call 908-806-6216
- Fax: 908-237-2407
- All Morning Sun Books are shipped via U.S. postal mail to a street address or P.O. Box at a $7.00 shipping charge per book (and $2 charge per each additional book [in stock only]).
- Canada is $12 shipping per book, while other foreign orders are $21 shipping per book.
- When ordering future releases, customers should keep in mind that shipping charges are adjusted specific to each separate delivery. The cost is $7 per separate delivery – unless the customer specifically requests for shipping to be delayed until it is possible to ship all books together.
Morning Sun Books’ Secure Online Shopping
- Simply navigate MorningSunBooks.com to locate the desired book(s).
- Click ADD TO CART to add the item to your shopping cart.
- When finished shopping, click CHECKOUT, located in the top right corner of each page (at any time, view the contents of the cart by clicking CART).
- During the checkout procedures, simply follow the prompts on your screen.
- Payment for an order may be made by Visa, Master Card, check, or money order.
- For photographers and authors looking to share their respective slides and knowledge with the world, a Morning Sun Books title is an excellent way to present their efforts to the public and preserve their personal railroad experience.
- Books may be self-written or penned by a MSB-recommended qualified author.
- All photographers retain ownership of their slides.
- If interested, please contact the company’s Editorial Office at Morning Sun Books Inc., 9 Pheasant Lane, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076, or call 908.755.5454 and speak to Bob Yanosey.
- Please do not call this number concerning problems with eBook downloads as Mr. Yanosey can offer very little help personally. Instead, re-read the instructions on the FAQ page and if it still doesn’t work, email email@example.com
- Dealer inquiries are welcome. Contact our editorial office for details at 908.755.5454